Quantification of antiepileptic drugs in plasma/serum by LC-MS/MS technique
- Test objective: Monitoring of drug therapy during epilepsy treatment. The test is designed to determine the individual response of the body to the applied treatment by determining the active concentration of antiepileptic drugs in the blood. It enables adjustment of the necessary dose to achieve a therapeutic effect and reduces the likelihood of toxicity incidents from the drugs used.
- Method of testing: High-performance liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
- Analysed substances: Briwaracetam, Carbamazepine, Carbamazepine Epoxide, Ethosuximide, Felbamate, Gabapentin, Lacosamide, Lamotrigine, Levetiracetam, Oxcarbazepine, 10-Hydroxycarbazepine, Perampanel, Phenobarbital, Primidone, Phenytoin, Pregabalin, Rufinamide, Stiripentol, Sultiam, Tiagabine, Topiramate, Valproic acid, Vigabatrin, Zonisamide, as well as Clobazam, Norclobazam, Clonazepam, Diazepam, and Nordiazepam.
- Type of test material: Serum, plasma.
- Test category: Therapeutic drug monitoring