Quantitative determination of cortisol and cortisone in saliva by LC-MS/MS technique. Used in diagnosis of Cushing’s syndrome.
- Test objective: Determination of cortisol levels is used to distinguish primary and secondary adrenal insufficiency, as well as in the differential diagnosis of Cushing's syndrome and the monitoring of its treatment.
- Method of testing: High-performance liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
- Analysed substances: Cortisol, cortisone
- Type of test material: Saliva
- Test category: Endocrinology