Quantitative determination of free methoxy-catecholamines in plasma by LC-MS/MS technique
- Test objective: Diagnosis of tumours that secrete catecholamines - pheochromocytoma and other neuroendocrine tumours, useful in the diagnosis of arterial hypertension.
- Method of testing: High-performance liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
- Analysed substances: Metanephrine (MT), Normetanephrine (NMT), 3-Methoxytyramine (3-MT)
- Type of test material: Serum
- Test category: Endocrinology